Weeks #17 & #18
- What a strange couple of weeks. It is only going to get stranger.
- Feeling extremely fortunate to have a stable job where it is easy enough to work from home, as well as good health, no dependents etc.
- There must be lists out there of things you can do to help others less fortunate than yourself? Obviously from the comfort of your own home. I’m donating to the local foodbank, which is generally a good idea, but feels a bit like pissing in the wind.
- Have been feeling extremely anxious at times. When you start thinking of the implications of everything and how ill-prepared (philosophically as much as materially) we are to deal with a global crisis like this it can leave your head spinning.
- I know whose fault my mum would say this all goes back to but will skip mentioning it on here. Happy Mother’s Day, mum.
- I have been enjoying making food at least. Pies and stews. Cheese and bread. Why have I immediately lapsed into making austerity nostalgia meals?
- Wallowing in potato and pastry will only go so far. Am also working my way through pretty much everything in Meera Sodha’s East. Every recipe is good.
- I’m hoping that at some point in the next few weeks, people settle into being indoors and some new positive social/cultural things come out of it. Even if it’s people being funny on Tiktok. We’ve never been better placed to communicate with one another in such circumstances.
- At the very least, I should be able to keep up with writing a weeknote every week now.